Are you a senior eligible for Medicare? Or do you know someone who is? Just a friendly reminder that Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Dakota (BCBSND) is offering a special enrollment period for Medicare eligible seniors.
From now until June 30, 2017, you can get a Medicare supplement with:
- A simplified application—only one qualifying question
- Confidence your coverage won’t change or cancel with guaranteed renewability
- Coverage to meet your health care needs now and in the future
This unique special enrollment time is a good opportunity to revisit your Medicare coverage.
Should I switch?
You don’t have to switch coverage, but you may want to consider switching to BCBSND Medicare supplement coverage if your current plan has:
- Rate changes and increases
- You are unsatisfied with your current plan or service
- Reductions in health coverage expenses
- Elimination of coverage areas
Also, during this special enrollment period, you won’t have coverage restrictions or delays based on extensive medical qualifications like you normally would to switch your Medicare supplement coverage.
To guide you in deciding whether you’d like to enroll or shift your Medicare supplement, these steps can help:
- Find out the available Medicare plans and supplements. For instance, you’ll want to understand Medicare, plus Parts A, B, C and D, and how the prescription drug coverage works.
- Consider your health care needs, such as how often you visit a doctor, your current health, family health history, travel plans, prescription drug use and other factors.
- Understand your coverage choices.
- Balance out-of-pocket expenses with monthly payments to fit your budget.
- Enroll in a plan, and ensure you take full advantage of all its benefits, which may include fitness club memberships, immunizations and annual check-ups.
Compare BCBSND Medicare supplement plans in this comparison chart.
New to Medicare? Get our BCBSND Medicare 101 information.
Consider working with a licensed BCBSND independent insurance agent. Use our online agent finder to find an agent.